"A Byte of Python" is a free book on programming using the Python language. It serves as a tutorial or guide to the Python language for a beginner audience. However, it is useful for experienced programmers as well.
If all you know about computers is how to save text files, then this is the book for you. This book will teach you to use Python version 3. There will also be guidance for you to adapt to the older and more common Python version 2 in the book.
Contents include; First Steps, Basics, Operators and Expressions, Control flow, Functions, Modules, Data Structures, Problem Solving, Object Oriented Programming, Input and Output, Exceptions, Standard Library.
Author: Swaroop C H
This book Java, Java, Java is suitable for a typical Introduction to Computer Science (CS1) course or for a slightly more advanced Java as a Second Language course. This edition retains the “objects first” approach to programming and problem solving that was characteristic of the first two editions. The text emphasizes the careful coverage of Java language features, introductory programming concepts, and object-oriented design principles.
Author: Ralph Morelli & Ralph Walde, Trinity College | 3rd Edition
Programming patterns are solutions to problems that require the creation of a small fragment of code that will be part of a larger program. Hence, this book is about teaching you how to write such fragments of code.
However, it is not about teaching you the syntax of the statements in the fragments, it assumes that you already know the syntax. Instead, it is about finding solutions to problems that arise when first learning to programme.
Author: David Bernstein, James Madison University
This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their career options by learning Python. The fact is, Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world – huge companies like Google use it in mission critical applications like Google Search.
Python is the number one language choice for machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence. To get those high paying jobs you need an expert knowledge of Python, and that’s what you will get from this course. By the end of the course you’ll be able to apply in confidence for Python programming jobs. And yes, this applies even if you have never programmed before. With the right skills which you will learn in this course, you can become employable and valuable in the eyes of future employers.
*This paid course comes with an online certificate. Pass the assessment and download a soft copy of your Certificate immediately. Don't forget to write a review and join the course forum. Preview two of the lessons below for free!
- Beginners with no previous programming experience looking to obtain the skills to get their first programming job.
- Anyone looking to build the minimum Python programming skills necessary as a pre-requisites for moving into machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence.
- A computer - Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported. Setup and installation instructions are included for each platform.
- Your enthusiasm to learn this go-to programming language. It’s a valuable lifetime skill which you can’t un-learn!
- Everything else needed to start programming in Python is already included in the course.
1. Have a fundamental understanding of the Python programming language.
2. Have the skills and understanding of Python to confidently apply for Python programming jobs.
3. Acquire the pre-requisite Python skills to move into specific branches - Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.
4. Add the Python Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills to your résumé.
5. Understand how to create your own Python programs.
6. Learn Python from experienced professional software developers.
7. Understand both Python 2 and Python 3.
Think Java is a hands-on introduction to computer science and programming used by many universities and high schools around the world. Its conciseness, emphasis on vocabulary, and informal tone make it particularly appealing for readers with little or no experience. The book starts with the most basic programming concepts and gradually works its way to advanced object-oriented techniques.
Author: Allen B. Downey & Chris Mayfield | 2nd Edition
With resources and examples for Java basics such as variables, loops, and object oriented programming, this text provides a foundation in Java programming for introductory-level programming courses.
Programming Fundamentals has built-in engagement and interaction including the following: Java Tutor Visualizations, Video Tutorials, External Resource Links & Chapter Exercises.
Author: Georgia Gwinnett College
This is a great introductory textbook addressing the main aspects of
Python. Topics are covered with to-the-point discussions and meaningful
examples. It is a powerful resource for beginners in the topic.
This is a great introductory textbook addressing the main aspects of Python. Topics are covered with to-the-point discussions and meaningful examples. It is a powerful resource for begis R. Severance, University of Michigan